“I enjoy any sort of travel and especially medical mission work which helps me improve my Spanish speaking skills. I bicycle to work year round for exercise and enjoyment and canoe when the lakes aren't frozen.”
- Master's Degree in Physical Therapy from the University of Minnesota, 1990
- Graduate of the Physical Therapy Program at the Mayo Foundation, 1977
- Bachelor's of Arts Degree from Millikin University, 1974
- University of Minnesota Physical Therapy Program. Associate Faculty MemberUniversity of Minnesota Physical Therapy Program. Associate Faculty Member
Areas of Specialty
- Orthopaedic Conditions
- Spinal Conditions
- Sports Programs
- Running Program
- Work Conditioning
- Medical Exercise
- Di Fabio RP, Mackey G, Holte JB. Research Study: Physical Therapy Outcomes for Patients Receiving Workers' Compensation Following Treatment for Herniated Lumbar Disc and Mechanical Low Back Pain Syndrome. JOSPT - Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy, March, 1996; Volume 23, Number 3: Pages 180-187.
- Di Fabio RP, Mackey G, Holte JB. Disability and Functional Status in Patients with Low Back Pain Receiving Workers' Compensation: A Descriptive Study with Implications for the Efficacy of Physical Therapy. Physical Therapy, March, 1995; Volume 75, Number 3: Pages 180-193.
- Mackey G, Schreck BV. Injuries in Downhill and Cross Country Skiing. J Plastic and Reconstructive Surgical Nursing, March, 1982.
Return you to function with the confidence to live an active lifestyle and to be able to control flare ups of pain with specific exercise program and other self care measures is our desired goal.
We will do our best to provide you manual therapy treatment, education and instruction in a specific exercise program to give you the tools to responsibly and confidently manage your condition.
“I was very impressed with my therapist. He had a wonderful rapport and did a very thorough examination. It was helpful to have the plan and findings explained to me.”