PTOSI has physical therapists at each of our locations who work with athletes of all levels, casual weekend athletes to professional, to assist in rehabilitation and safe return to athletic activities and training. Our therapists can assist you in developing a training program tailored to your sport. We also have specialized golf and running programs, as well as expertise in treating professional and amateur soccer players. If you would like to schedule an evaluation, please contact the location most convenient for you.
Through a combination of techniques we will help you improve your game, reduce the risk of injury, and if already injured, return to play safely.
Goals of Evaluation
- Improve golf swing mechanics and power through improved flexibility and strength.
- Issue a custom exercise program to address individual muscle imbalances and problem areas.
- Prevent injury.
Manual Therapy Techniques
Through use of joint and soft tissue mobilization we will help you to improve your flexibility, allowing you to perform your swing more efficiently and more easily follow your golf pro’s instructions.
Core Stabilization Process
Core stabilization is a form of exercise that will increase total body strength and flexibility with a strong emphasis on your abdominal, back, and hip muscles. Core stabilization can be customized for sport-specific training. There are specific exercises that golfers can do to target muscles that are often injures or just need strengthening. How exactly will this help your game?
- Add distance to your drives by strengthening your abdominals and back.
- Prevent injury be lengthening muscles and maintaining flexibility.
- Increased coordination and balance will help with basic swing mechanics.
- Increased spine flexibility will ensure a smooth and steady swing.
- Learn how to make the mind-body connection that helps with muscle memory.
Golf Swing Analysis
We use information from your musculoskeletal evaluation and apply it to your golf swing. For example, we will show you how to improve your swing if you have limited range of motion in your shoulders.
Strength & Endurance Training
The golf swing is a complex movement requiring coordinated muscular action. Many golfers avoid strength training for fear of reducing their flexibility and club-head speed. Power is the key to improved performance in nearly all sports, including golf. Power is determined by three factors.
- Muscle force
- Distance over which the muscle force is applied.
- Movement speed.
A comprehensive conditioning program for golfers should include exercise for muscular strength, joint flexibility, and cardiovascular endurance. This program will provide you with:
- A balanced strength training routine focusing on the specific muscle target areas for golfers.
- A cross-training endurance routine for cardiovascular fitness.
- A stretching exercise routine for improved speed.
To Register, call to schedule an appointment with:
- Ryan or Barry at Minneapolis, 612-872-2700
- Eric at Roseville, 651-635-0578
- Derek at Plymouth, 763-559-0356
- Jill at West Saint Paul, 651-455-2447
Most runners have goals that include running farther, faster and without pain. At P.T.O.S.I. we have several therapists who enjoy running and understand these goals. Whether you are recovering from an injury or training to prevent one, our therapists can help you.
We understand the biomechanics of running and will work with you to design a rehabilitation program to improve your running mechanics and reduce your risk of injury.
If an injury is preventing you from participating in your running program, our therapists can help you recover. Our therapists will perform an evaluation to assess your injury, and work with you to develop a specialized program to get you back to running quickly.
- Postural assessment of head to toe structural alignment.
- Assessment of joint biomechanics and normal movement patterns to identify misalignment, hypermobility (excessive movement) and joint stiffness.
- Evaluation of muscle balance throughout the body. We will identify specific areas of muscle tightness or overuse and assess muscle strength to identify areas of muscle weakness or inhibition.
Return you to function with the confidence to live an active lifestyle and to be able to control flare ups of pain with specific exercise program and other self care measures is our desired goal.
We will do our best to provide you manual therapy treatment, education and instruction in a specific exercise program to give you the tools to responsibly and confidently manage your condition.
“I was very happy with services, treatments, and best of all, RESULTS!”